The brief was to create a Georgian townhouse hotel to international 5-star Hotel standards, arranged around a large sheltered town garden. The houses were built in the 1760’s and form part of one of the most important terraces in the city. These four structures were to be fully restored in all of their period detail and to be suitable for modern hotel use. The entrance to the new 150 bedroom luxury hotel is now located as the centrepiece of the terrace with the modern garden block intervention to the rear. The style and aesthetic of all elements within the hotel strongly relate to the quality of the surrounding Georgian facades that are the hallmark of this area of the city.
- 2005 Highly Commended Triennial Silver Medal for Conservation – Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland