Block A2 – “Music Hall” forms part of the overall “Old City” Development which lies to the east of Dublin Corporation Civic Offices. “Music Hall” (1 of 5 blocks) comprises 67 apartments accessed from a feature gallery above a clothing factory and retail units at street level. A new semi-public courtyard was created to the rear of the development. The backdrop to the annual commemoration on April 13 of the first performance of Handel’s “Messiah”, in 1742 at Kennans House. The building finishes are brick to Cow’s Lane with painted render finish to the courtyard facade. Double-glazed timber windows are provided throughout.